3 Pick-Your-Own Strawberry Patches, 1 Great Deal
- Historic Oatlands, Little Oatlands Lane, Leesburg
- Wegmeyer Homestead, 38299 Hugesville Rd., Hamilton
- Gilbert’s Corner, Intersection of Route 15 & Route 50, Aldie
- Ask your cashier for the Loudoun Mom Discount Deals price, get 25% off!
Wegmeyer Farms Strawberry Picking
Family Picking – 25% Off for Our Readers!
Loudoun Mom Discounts and Deals has teamed up with Wegmeyer Farms again this year to offer you a 25% discount on pick-your-own (PYO) strawberries this spring. Every weekday (Monday-Friday) at Wegmeyer Farms will be Family Picking Day for our readers. You must tell the cashier that you are using the Loudoun Mom Discounts and Deals 25% off discount. This great deal is good through the end of the season.
No strawberries taste better, or fresher, than the ones you pick yourself. Picking your own berries has several benefits.
- Fresh berries have better flavor.
- Fresh berries retain more nutrients.
- You control the quality of what you buy when you PYO
- PYO supports local farms.
- You will feel more connected to the Earth. This is a great activity to do with kids, while teaching them where food really comes from.
Where to Pick
Wegmeyer Homestead, 38299 Hughesville Road, Hamilton, VA
If you’ve done picking at Wegmeyer in past years, you know that their field is located next their house in Lincoln (between Leesburg and Purcellville) off a long, gravel road. This site provides the most scenic view of Loudoun’s rolling, rural hills. With this backdrop, you can bring along a picnic lunch or enjoy some of the refreshments that are offered for sale. Children are invited to play on the John Deere tractor slide and playground.
Historic Oatlands, Little Oatlands Lane, Leesburg, VA
The strawberry field at Oatlands, along with era-themed attire and historic mansion for a back drop will whisk you back to the 1800’s. Parking is right next to the field off of scenic route 15. While visiting the patch is free, you may choose to make a day of it by driving slightly north on route 15 and entering Oatland’s main entrance and purchasing passes for the historical garden and/or mansion tour.
Gilbert’s Corner, Intersection of Route 15 and Route 50, Aldie, VA
Strawberry picking at Gilbert’s Corner is for those not looking for anything more than the PYO experience. This no-fuss location is perfect for a simple outing. Parking is available right at the site. On weekends, looks for fresh donuts as well as other vendors on the corner selling such things as BBQ and produce.
This is a sponsored post.